The cheapest approach to obtain a plentiful supply of fresh, capsicum for your pizzas and burgers is to grow capsicums (bell peppers / sweet peppers capsicum) from seeds. Capsicums could be a superb addition to your kitchen garden if you lack room but yet want to have one. Growing chiles or capsicum in pots is a simple process with a little bit of room, a nice, sturdy container, enough fertilization, and mulching.
Growing capsicum in containers is the ideal option if you live in a region where sunlight is scarce because it is often a warm-weather vegetable crop. Capsicum cultivation in pots is as simple as boiling eggs.
Here are some suggestions for growing capsicum at home.
- Purchase brownish-colored, kidney-shaped capsicum seeds.
- Select a tray pot and check that it has enough holes so that water can drain out freely and collect any moisture that is present on the storage tray.
- Plant the seeds at a depth of 2 inches at a temperature of 20 to 25 °C.
- To flourish, the plant needs direct sunlight. It takes 3–4 days for the seeds to sprout.
- Bell pepper plants grow slowly; after two weeks of growth, pinch off the leaves to encourage wider growth.
- Within three months, bell peppers are ready for harvest.
Seeds Quality matters
Always ensure that the seeds you use to develop capsicums are of high quality. Many people claim to be able to sell seeds, but not all of them can be trusted. Purchased seeds from us at www.bhagatseeds.com an online seller who assured you that they were “top-rated” and provide F1 quality seeds.
The seeds usually take three weeks to begin to sprout, but once they do, the growth is quick. The seedlings should always be transplanted when they have two to three genuine leaves.
The plant’s location:
Capsicums typically require a lot of sunlight. It is fairly simple to grow them if you are doing it in pots. All you need to do is keep the pot in a bright area. The plant needs 6 to 7 hours each day of direct sunlight. These plants often grow well, and you will undoubtedly receive a plentiful harvest. You should, however, make sure that it is shielded from severe gusts.